Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Day 3 - At Jeannies

About Monday, May 7

Outside of Gardiner, WA.

Where I'm staying while at Jeannie's - the trailer, not the shed

This was a day of rest.  After the excitement of WA 20 and just beginning to get used to the hills, I mainly put my feet up.  Jeannie had way too much excitement, which started when we went to clean up and treat the continuing infection on Ava of Gardener's butt.
Ava of Gardiner

The infection looked particularly ugly and worrisome, so Jeannie got Ava an emergency appointment.  Thankfully Ava's infection had not in fact started to go necrotic (as was feared), but had transitioned to a fungal infection - so Ava now gets to have her butt soaked and coated in antifungals (yucko and whee  all in one).

After the excitement with Ava, Jeannie and I stayed in, ate the leftovers from the night before (still quite tasty) and talked.

Then it was early to bed in order to get a ride to Port Angeles (cheating, I know... but there's a reason why I have a trike that folds) and catch the 8:20 AM ferry to Victoria, BC.

No comments:

Post a Comment