Thursday, June 14, 2012

Day 34 - Jumping from Humbug Mountain to Crescent City


Day 34 (June 7)
The wind and rain started early this morning so I decided to just pack it in for the day and head directly to crescent city. Sharon got an expensive traffic ticket literally exiting the campground.  No fun.

While travelling south, we went off in search of food - when we saw this sign, we knew where we had to eat:
It wasn't just us
We got to Crescent City, and I dropped the bike off at the shop for a tune up.  We then went off to find a motel for the night.  I had just gotten a decent deal on a room and gone off to open it up when I heard a crash – Sharon backed into the motel owner’s minivan, breaking a window and denting a fender on the minivan.  It looks like the camper sustained no damage.  I think that this qualifies as a no good, very bad day for Sharon.

She went out to walk Bird and came back with ice cream for dinner.

No riding, rain day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no. What a cruddy day. I really enjoy reading your blog. Someday I would like to do the same thing. I heard about your trip from my bike shop. You bumped into one of the clerks outside of Port Angeles (they borrowed your tools)

    ReplyDelete