Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 29 - Beverly Beach to Beachside state park


Day 29 (June 2) – Beverly Beach to Beachside state park
We started late due to rain, while I was riding, the sun eventually came out.  As I passed by Yaquina Head, I wondered if there was a (any?) Yaquina tail...

Yaquina Head sign


Went to Agate Beach in the sun with Sharon – there are still no agates at Agate each,  which is what I remember from trip with mom in 1975.
Agate Beach sign
Agate Beach (wit Yaquina Head lightouse)
While I am generally not a beach person, it was fun to be at the beach with Sharon and Bird.  It might have been more fun a week later, when a Japanese pier washed up on the beach, but...
Little Bird at the Beach - what a cute face...
Sharon and Bird on the Beach
It was fun to watch Bird run on the beach, but it was obvious that she's not familiar with the ocean.  A couple of times, she started to lap at the water, seemingly going "It LOOKS like water, but yucko."  We made sure that she got lots of clean water shortly afterwards.

I walked down the beach to get a better picture of Yaquina Head lighthouse:
Yaquina Head lighthouse

After Agate beach, I rode down to the next wayside, where there was a historica marker and 
Yaquina Bay historical marker
the Yaquina lighthouse, the first lighthouse that I went by between it and the water.
Yaquina Lighthouse
Proceeding down the road, I pulled into another wayside to use the restroom, and coming out, I found that I completely shredded a tire – Maybe I rode on it at low pressure...?  I thought the trike was sluggish, but…

After I shredded tire, met Sharon at Beachside to decide where we’re going – since they have showers, and next site is USFS and probably doesn’t, decided to stay there.  Then we discovered that it’s “free camping day”  Yay!

This is a nice campground – Sharon scored seafood – we split 1-1/2 # of steamers (clams) & killed a couple of crabs – yummy.  I probably enjoy dismembering them way too much – bad karma.

It was clear and turned very cold that night.  We went to bed early (for us).
29 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment